Countering IEDs requires an integrated response from multiple military and technical disciplines. The collective expertise of soldiers, sailors, airmen, and marines from dozens of countries, US federal law enforcement agents, chemists, physicists, electrical engineers, strategic, operational, and tactical intelligence analysts, explosive ordnance disposal (EOD) technicians, combat arms, software developers, war veterans of Iraq, Afghanistan, Northern Ireland and Oklahoma City, and even lawyers is required to effectively counter the modern IED.
A multi-disciplinary, worldwide, whole-of-government response is required.
Accessing multi-source, biometric, and forensic IED data dispersed across multiple systems is critical in providing and end-to-end Counter-IED solution. Also critical is the ability to funnel this data deluge into the timely and tailored IED data needed by analysts. To meet this operational need, and to address the efficiencies demanded by the downward pressure on IT budgets, ISS has taken a leadership role in the application of Cloud Computing and Service Oriented Architectures to the Counter-IED mission.
- Unique combination and deep understanding at the strategic and tactical levels
- Global, on-the-ground support to operational commanders and bomb data centers
- Robust product suite to support this complex problem set pen source
- Customers share and benefit from C-IED community knowledge base
- Integrates with previously developed data acquisition, visualization, and analysis technologies
- Exploits structured and unstructured IED data