WebTAS® (Web Enabled Temporal Analysis System) is a Government Off-The-Shelf (GOTS) software toolkit providing visualization, integration and analysis of disparate data in a Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) compliant platform. Built using non-proprietary software, WebTAS provides both Java thick client and web browser-based access, visualization and analysis capabilities. Key features include:
- A flexible data infrastructure that allows exploitation and integration of disparate, multi-source data from relational databases, real-time streams, and web sources with little or no programming
- The ability to create new databases on the fly to support evolving data archival and retrieval requirements
- Sophisticated data query and visualization capabilities that allow users to easily discover and comprehend the complex relationships between large data sets and to perform ad-hoc queries against those disparate data sources
- A highly innovative, collaboration infrastructure that enables sharing of objects and displays, with associated pedigree, over standards compliant collaboration servers
- Tools that support multiple analysis and architecture configurations, to include both client applications and web based information and management portals
- A graphics-based knowledge editor for specifying alerts patterns and behavioral models for use in trend and pattern detection activities
- A verification-based, data mining component that supports the identification of patterns within historical data sources
- A near real-time correlation engine that monitors data sources for unfolding situations and develops predictions based on knowledge represented in behavioral models
- A web tag library that supports publishing of disparate data and displays in domain specific web pages for browser based access
- A net-centric enterprise architecture that provides data services to 3rd party applications and systems
The key to leveraging WebTAS in various domain areas is our innovative design that implements common visualization and analysis processes easily customized to the unique requirements of diverse Department of Defense (DoD), Intelligence, and civil government organizations. In most cases, WebTAS core capabilities provide the 80% solution within days by adjusting configuration parameters and accessing local data sources. The WebTAS architecture is metadata-driven featuring a metadata repository that describes each data source. The WebTAS data access subsystem is architected to access data sources in as generic a way as possible, using an easy-to-understand query language and special pre- and post-query processing that allow WebTAS clients and tools to access all data sources in the same manner, regardless of the underlying implementation details of the data source. Because of its metadata-driven nature, WebTAS can be quickly and easily configured – without writing a line of code. This design feature is highly advantageous in environments with rapidly evolving requirements and legacy data sources and applications.
WebTAS can interact with data in a host of external data sources such as MIDB, ARTEMIS, CIDNE and many others.